POLICE SEARCH FOR MAN WHO STABBED A DOG BELONGING TO THE DOG WALKER AT MILL POND RESERVOIR – BURLINGTON, OSTON. Allegedly Attacked Man’s Dog in Burlington
It happened Tuesday at 9: 30 a.m.
According to a family member, the 69 – year – old victim walked on his street with his dog, Gigi, when a man on a bicycle arrived with two other dogs.
Key Points of Allegedly Attacked Man’s Dog in Burlington
- Burlington Police search for suspect in horrifying dog attack
- Attacker described as a white man in his 30s on a mountain bike
- Typically calm trail turned violent as the dog suffered severe injuries
- Dog, named GG, underwent emergency facial reconstructive surgery
- Police examining surveillance video to identify the alleged attacker
- Chief emphasizes that willful injury to the dog is a 5-year felony with a $5,000 fine
- Urgent call for witnesses with information to contact Burlington Police
- Gigi’s family terrified to speak out due to fear of retaliation from the attacker
See the Post of WBZ | CBS News Boston about Allegedly attacked man’s dog in Burlington
— WBZ | CBS News Boston (@wbz) December 6, 2023
It was then that the man on the bike purportedly struck and beat up Gigi, while the dogs were fighting. Gigi had a fractured jaw and nose and some of her teeth were knocked out. She has been able to undergo facial reconstruction surgery since then.
“It’s certainly disturbing,” said Burlington Police Chief Thomas Browne. “It is impossible to overstate the force with which a human or animal would have to strike in order to cause such severe injuries to a dog.”
Gigi’s owner was not injured, but was shaken. The man is now threatening him and his family to stop them from speaking out. Fearing retaliation from the attacker who attacked Gigi, he is now scared.
Police describe the suspect as a white male in his early 30s with an athletic build. He went around on black mountain bike with his beagle mix. Don’t forget to visit the latest news at The Best Dog House.
Said Oppenheimer, Edgar who frequently walks at the reservoir, “I think it’s very disconcerting. It’s something I wouldn’t expect.”
The burlington police are searching for that man and asking any witnesses to come forward.
Browne said, “Hopefully, the person who is involved in this sees it and decides to come and tell their own part of the story.”